About Me

My photo
No expectations. No frustrations. Just light, ready to take flight.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ne-yo Hangover

Ne-yo just visited the Philippines last week for a 2-night concert in Araneta Coliseum. Initially, the concert was just scheduled for one night, February 29, but due to insistent public demand, they scheduled him to perform the next night as well, March 1.

When I learned about the concert I really wanted to go however when I found out that it was gonna happen on a Friday, February 29, I was bummed. You see I work in a call center and we usually work at night. As much as I want to skip work and go to the concert, I know the importance of the job that I hold and that no can salvage my bum for a night and take over my post. So, for a week, before the concert all I did was ramble to my friends my enthusiasm to go yet my inability to. So, you could just imagine my reaction was when I learned that he will be performing the night after the initial concert, which happens to be my rest day! I was so exhilarated. I could actually go and see him perform my favorite song... "Because of you!"

Truth be told, I was not a big Ne-yo fan until "Because of you." "Sexy Love" was ok and his first single, "So sick" I find so cheesy. If you read my previous blog, you know how much of a fan I am of cheesy songs and stuff. But when I heard, "Beacause of you", I became an instant fan! The song was so amazing and when he performed it in the concert, I was totally blown away! I was so happy that he sang the song!

Now, almost a week after the concert I still have the Ne-yo hangover. At times, unknowingly I would be humming, "Make it Work" or my new favorite "Go on Girl". I would go online to check out the lyrics of the songs. Both at home and at work, I have his music playing while prepping up for work or finishing some reports.

"Go on Girl" has a beautiful melody and damn the lyrics are awesome. I know he writes song so well but I am not sure though if he wrote this one. He is the man behind Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" and Rihanna's "Unfaithful".

Although, he had a quick performance, approximately just one hour, it was all worth it. The crowd was awesome and the music was excellent.

No comments: